Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791) lived a short but extremely rich musical life. Revered for numerous symphonies, chamber works, concerti and operas, his career started as a child prodigy and ended tragically at the young age of 35. Our Chimes of Mozart pays tribute to his 250th birthday and is tuned to the opening intervals of the Andante movement from his Piano Concerto number 21 in C Major (K. 467). This concerto was used as the theme music in the 1967 Swedish film, Elvira Madigan.Over 30 years ago, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill. Fascinated by the Scale of Olympos, a 7th century pentatonic scale that can’t be played on a modern piano, Garry cut and tuned the lawn chair tubes to the exact frequency of the ancient scale. The resulting Chimes of Olympos was the first Woodstock Chime and is still one of our best selling, musically-tuned windchimes. Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 and still develop the chimes today. It remains a family-owned business in New York’s Hudson Valley.
- Tuned to the opening theme of Mozart’s Piano Concerto #21 as heard in the 1967 film Elvira Madigan
- Cherry finish ash wood, 5 dark verdigris aluminum tubes
- Length: 40″ Overall chime length is measured from top of gather ring/knob to bottom of wind catcher
- Beautifully finished, provides years of pleasure in a garden, near a door or as a gift
- Over 30 years ago, Grammy award-winning musician and instrument designer Garry Kvistad created the first Woodstock Chime from an aluminum lawn chair he found in a landfill; Garry and his wife Diane founded Woodstock Chimes in 1979 and still develop the chimes today