WARM WEATHER CAUTION: Before using Pond Care AlgaeFix make certain that the pond has vigorous aeration-i.e., a fountain, waterfall, or aeration device to avoid fish loss due to low oxygen levels. When algae is removed by the filter or settles to the bottom of the pond, the oxygen level may drop to a harmful level if adequate aeration is not provided. Therefore, when using Pond Care AlgaeFix during warm summer months, adequate aeration is required. Do not shut pond pumps and aeration devices off at night.
- Purpose and Benefits: AlgaeFix is a liquid algae-control product for use in ornamental fishponds, water gardens, fountains, and freshwater aquariums. AlgaeFix is approved for use in ponds and aquariums containing live plants and fish. AlgaeFix controls many types of algae including “green water” blooms and filamentous algae. AlgaeFix is colorless and non-corrosive.
- Directions for Use: Pond Care AlgaeFix 8 FL OZ (240 ml) treats 2,400 U.S. gallons (9,084 L) It is a violation of federal law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling.
- Add 1 teaspoonful (5 ml) of Pond Care AlgaeFix for every 50 gallons (190 L) of pond/fountain water. Thoroughly mix Pond Care AlgaeFix into pond/fountain by adding near the pump outflow, water fall, or aeration device. Pond Care AlgaeFix can be mixed in a bucket of pond/fountain water and dispersed evenly around the pond/fountain. Repeat dose every 3 days until algae is controlled. Be prepared to siphon out dead filamentous algae.
- Once algal growth is under control, add one dose per week. Weekly doses of Pond Care AlgaeFix will control algal growth and reduce pond/fountain maintenance.
- Caution: Do not use Pond Care AlgaeFix with crustaceans, including; crabs, shrimp, freshwater shrimp, and freshwater lobsters.