If you don’t have time for the entire article, this is our favorite Yaheetech Raised Garden Bed (more below!):
- 【Natural solid wood】This natural raised garden bed is made of non-paint, harmless 100% solid wood, which is known for its strength and dimensional stability with a pleasing wooden smell. It is normal that there are wood knots on the surface. That's a natural phenomenon when the wood is growing.
- 【Stable rectangle structure】This planting box features an elevated rectangular shape. Four side plates tightly insert into grooves on the legs. They are locked by the wooden covers and screws. The whole bed is supported steadily by wooden legs and extra three battens below.
- 【Backache-friendly design】Given its 30.1’’ height, people with backache/knee pain can easily manage the plants without bending down and taking the risk of pain. The thick solid wood boards are sanded well to prevent any undesired injury caused by wood splinters.
- 【Single piece of side plate】Comparing to other planting beds whose side plates are consist of several small battens, our planting raised bed has a piece of complete side plate at each side. This single-piece design makes the whole structure stable, and the installation is also very easy.
- 【Gardening supplies】With this wooden planter, you can cultivate plants like vegetables, flowers, herbs in your patio, yard, garden, and greenhouse. Plants will be healthy and strong in this natural raised bed, and more convenient to manage. The bottom of the planting bed has a drainage hole that provides oxygen and ventilation for your plants to grow more healthily.
The Yaheetech 36x25x37 Inch 8 Pocket Herb Garden Planter Outdoor Vertical Raised Bed Vegetable Standing Planters Garden Boxes with Grow Grid/Legs/Large Storage Shelf B0872YPPY9 has a lot of great features. One of the most important is that it is 30 inches high, which means that there is no need to get low to the ground. A bad knee/hip/back won’t stop you from enjoying gardening with this raised garden bed.
A lower shelf enables you to store tools and accessories, or to display other plants. The upper bed holds up to 221 pounds, and the lower shelf can hold up to 66 pounds.
Constructed of Douglas Fir Wood, this elevated planter box will last for years. While pine and fir are both softer woods, fir is stronger than pine. Also, while fir can expand and contract when exposed to water, it reliably returns to its original shape and size. Pine will swell and warp and stay warped permanently. Fir is much more expensive than pine.
Related: Raised Bed Gardening on a Slope
This beautiful fir garden bed is perfect to stain and varnish if you like. Of course, it is 100% usable just as produced.
The bed needs about 2 cubic feet of soil to get started.
We are big fans of the YAHEETECH brand in general. Here are some other great choices from this great brand:
Looking for other planters? We feature some here.
Last update on 2022-07-03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API